Safety tips for washing vehicles:
- Wear safety-toe, non-slip sole rubber boots.
- Wear hearing protection.
- Protect skin when using solvents. Use appropriate hand protection for the materials being used.
- Remove immediately any clothing saturated in solvents and wash skin with soap and water thoroughly.
- Watch out for burns from hot water and back blast from water or dirt particles.
- Check for bonding and grounding of solvent storage tanks and containers.
- Do not direct high velocity streams of water on yourself or others.
- Do not use solvents to remove oil and grease from hands. Use soap and water or a waterless cleanser.
What should I know about using a portable washer:
When using steam cleaners and high pressure washers:
- Use eye protection.
- Wear waterproof clothing.
- Wear protective clothing to protect from burns and splatter.
- Direct spray away from body.
- Ensure that there is adequate ventilation.
About cleaning garage floors:
- Remove accumulation of grease and oil by scraping up or shoveling the material into a disposal container.
- Absorb the remaining oil film with non-combustible absorbent material.
- Wash the floor with an industrial, non-volatile, biodegradable detergent solution.
- Rinse floor with clean water.
- Do not use gasoline as a cleaning agent.
- Treat the waste as if it has the same hazardous properties as the original chemicals or materials.
- Dispose of all chemicals, materials and wastes according to local environmental laws.