Dos and Don ts - Hand tools machines:
- Use the right tool for the job or task.
- Inspect your tools prior to using them; look for worn parts, cracks, or broken pieces. If these conditions occur, replace the tool.
- Wear safety goggles or glasses when using hand tools. Metal debris can fly into your eyes.
- Use ratchet devices to drive in hard-to-move screws or use a powered screw driver.
- Never use worn out or broken tools. Replace them with new ones.
- Don’t use objects or other tools other than a hammer for pounding.
- Don’t use hand tools with greasy or oily hands which can cause slippage.
- Don’t use a hammer with a chipped or mushroomed face.