Dos and Don ts - Fire safety-Electricity:
1. Use I.S.I. certified appliances.
2. Use good quality fuses of correct rating, miniature circuit breakers and earth leakage circuit breakers.
3. Use one socket for one appliance.
4. Switch off the electric supply of the fire affected areas.
5. Fuses and switches should be mounted on metallic cubicles for greater safety against fire.
6. Replace broken plugs and switches.
7. Keep the electrical wires away from hot and wet surface.
8. Switch off appliance after use and remove the plug from the socket.
9. Switch off he ‘Main’ switch when leaving home for a long duration.
1. Don’t use substandard fixtures, appliances.
2. Never have temporary or naked joints on wiring.
3. Don’t lay wires under carpets, mats or doorways. They get crushed, resulting in short circuiting.
4. Don’t lay wires under carpets, mats or doorways. They get crushed, resulting in short circuiting.
5. Don’t allow appliances cords to dangle.
6. Don’t place bare wire ends in a socket.